The Pacific Salmon package covers Chinook, Pink, and Coho Salmon; we do not not offer the econo charter trip unlike the Atlantic Salmon package.
Chinook (King) Salmon
Chinook are the first to arrive (late July until early October) and the biggest of these Salmon with an average of 12 lbs with 20lb plus being common. They’re fierce, powerful and are called King for a reason because they do what they want; when they want and these tackle busters have smoked a few reels of mine.
Pink Salmon (Humpbacks)
Pink Salmon are the next to show up in massive schools, usually around the 3rd week in August until mid September. The Pinks average 1.5 lbs with 3 lb plus being common and are fun for the family especially for the children to catch.
Coho Salmon (Silvers)
Coho are abundant from the end of September to late October. They have an incredible fight from start to finish. Weight averaging 4-5 pounds the beautiful red flesh is considered a table favorite. Spincasting or fly-fishing is two proven methods of consistently hooking into these beauties. All the times of fish arrivals are estimates based on water temperatures and seasonal rains, some of the times quoted can be earlier or later. The techniques used by Redwood Sportfishing Charter boat for these fish are trolling with downriggers (holds tackle at a suspended depth) and jigging (lifting and dropping the fishing rod) and fly-fishing (for experienced only and no tackle provided). Give us a call and we will hook you up with a day of both relaxation and excitement.
- The daily trips for Pacific Salmon (Kings, Pinks and Silvers) are 5 hours at 7am – 12pm or 3pm- 8pm, 7 days a week.
- The Redwood Charter boat can accommodate 1-4 persons comfortably but can take up to 6 depending on weather conditions.
- Cleaning and freezing of your catch is available.
- Valid Ontario Sportfishing or Conservation Licence is required.
- The legal limit is 5 Pacific Salmon per person on a full Sportfishing Licence.