Brook Trout (Speckled, Specks, and Squaretail) are the most colorful of any freshwater fish. These fish are exceptional powerful fighters especially on a 5-6 wt fly rod or light action spinning combo spooled with 4-6 lb test. Their beautiful markings and great taste along with their abundance makes these a particular delight for the angler. Redwood Sportfishing Charters has exclusive rights and access to beautiful mountain lake teeming with “Specks” that average 1 to 1.5 pounds with the exceptional trophy being over 3 pounds. Join us for a picture perfect moment on a beautiful interior mountain lake and maybe get a chance to see a Northern Ontario Moose.
- The trips are 8 hours at 7am – 3pm
- Drive in with us (note: 4×4 access if you want to take your own vehicle) or take a scenic flight by helicopter with Eagle Feather Aviation
- Redwood Sportfishing can accommodate 1-4 persons in 2 separate boats but can take up to 6 if you bring your own float tubes (waiver must be signed)
- This is a conservation lake we do encourage catch and release but will allow 1 Brook Trout under 14 inches and 1 over 14 inches per person or you can take 2 under 14 inches and we will prepare a special shore lunch for you (mention your preference when booking please so we can provide you with the best service)
- Even though this is a private lake, a valid Ontario Sportfishing licence is required or a conservation licence can be purchased for full catch and release