Guided Brook/Speckled Trout Packages (Brookies, Specks, Squaretail) with Redwood Sportfishing Charters. These trout are the most colorful of any freshwater fish. Their beautiful markings and great taste along with their abundance makes these a particular delight for the angler. These fish are exceptional powerful fighters especially on a 5-6 wt fly rod or light action spinning combo spooled with 4-6 lb test. The most common way to catch these fish are casting and trolling spinners and worms or fly casting leech imitating patterns. Redwood Sportfishing Charters has exclusive rights and access to a conservation lake teeming with Brook/Speckled Trout that average 3/4 to 1.5 pounds with the exceptional “trophy trout” being over 3 pounds. Join us for a picture perfect moment on this beautiful interior mountain lake and maybe get a chance to see a Northern Ontario Moose in Algoma.
- The trips are up to 6 hours at 7am – 1 pm (approximate)
- Drive in with us (note: 4×4 access if you want to take your own vehicle)
- Redwood Sportfishing Charters can accommodate 1-3 persons for this adventure
- Catch and release is encouraged
- A shore lunch of fresh caught Brook Trout, homemade Cornbread and Baked beans can be cooked on site for an extra $25 fee per person-please ensure you let us know of any allergies.
- Valid Ontario Sport fishing or Conservation Licence is required.