Guided Brook Trout Packages (Speckled, Specks, and Squaretail). These trout are the most colorful of any freshwater fish. Their beautiful markings and great taste along with their abundance makes these a particular delight for the angler. These fish are exceptional powerful fighters especially on a 5-6 wt fly rod or light action spinning combo spooled with 4-6 lb test. The most common way to catch these fish are casting and trolling spinners and worms or flycasting leech imitating patterns. Redwood Sportfishing Charters has exclusive rights and access to a conservation lake teeming with Brook Trout that average 3/4 to 1.5 pounds with the exceptional “trophy trout” being over 3 pounds. Join us for a picture perfect moment on this beautiful interior mountain lake and maybe get a chance to see a Northern Ontario Moose in Algoma.
- The trips are 8 hours at 7am – 3pm (approximate)
- Drive in with us (note: 4×4 access if you want to take your own vehicle)
- Redwood Sportfishing Charters can accommodate 1-2 persons for this adventure
- Catch and release is encouraged
- A shore lunch of fresh caught Brook Trout, homemade Cornbread and Baked beans can be cooked on site for an extra $25 fee per person.
- Valid Ontario Sport fishing or Conservation Licence (recommended for this adventure) is required.