June to August is Atlantic Salmon time! These are among the most acrobatic fish and can easily strip a spool with one powerful run. This is fast and furious fishing in currents of 5 mph up to 8 mph. Catching and landing these fish is very rewarding because all odds are against you but if you enjoy a challenge like us then this is the fish for you! Average size is 5-7 lbs with 10 lbs being a possibility. Atlantic Salmon are a treat to catch and the St. Marys River, Sault Ste Marie, Ontario has a thriving population of them thanks to Lake Superior State University and their aquatic research and stocking program! We offer 2 separate priced trips, an econo package (limited to 2 seats) and second is aboard the Redwood Sportfishing Charterboat (seats 1-6 people). Reserve your Atlantic Salmon adventure with Redwood today to ensure we save a spot for you!
- Daily trips for Atlantic Salmon are 5 hours at 7am – 12pm 7 days a week
- Redwood offers 2 separate priced trips (check rates)
- Cleaning and freezing of your catch is available
- The legal limit is 1 per person on a full sport fishing licence which is required (limit is 0 with a conservation licence)
- Valid Ontario Sport fishing licence is required.